It was founded in 1912 by Raúl Gaspar de Lemos, a chemist with a degree by the Coimbra University. Gaspar chemists is one of the oldest chemists in Figueira da Foz.
The current technical director, Professor Drª Maria Clemência Arêde Gaspar de Lemos Mourão, inherited this chemists from her father and uncle. She took over the management in 1993 as she was the founder’s granddaughter. The succession challenge is currently the responsibility of the assistant to the technical director Drª Maria Raquel Mourão, the founder´s great-granddaughter.
The foundation of the Gaspar chemists had the main purpose of presenting the best health and well-being solutions. From the time of ointments and other manipulated products, for which the chemists was known, to the most modern chemical products today, it always focused on health and quality and personalized services.
Located in a privileged area – in Bairro Novo, it serves a very diverse population, namely residents, tourists and vacationers, who in addition to the need also enter by curiosity. This is due to the fact that the chemists has a particularity – part of the shop was musealized, where we can see old furniture, chemical bottles, scales and many other objects since its foundation.
We can say that the Gaspar chemists is an old chemists but modernized in order to serve us.
Products and Services
Main activity: Health, wellness and beauty
Opening Year: 1912
Main Code of Economic Activity (CAE): 47730