The Farmácia Lemos has been open to the public for more than 100 years, rendering available to the population, a variety of products and services, where the orthopaedic section and the laboratory stand out, where the manipulated medicines are produces, which earned it a great reputation in the city. It also has in its space a differentiated area of perfumery and cosmetics and sells a diversity of dietary, homeopathic and parapharmaceutical products.
The Farmácia Lemos was founded in 1780 by the Friars of the Ordem dos Carmelitas Descalços. It remained in the possession of the Friars Carmelitas do Carmo until 1801; after the opening of the Hospital of the Ordem do Carmo, it became the property of the Ordem Terceira de Nossa Senhora do Carmo. It was managed by seven pharmacists until, in 1862, Joaquim B. Lemos, a pharmacist since 1852, became the owner of this space, and henceforth named “Farmácia Lemos”. It remained in the Lemos Family for successive generations until 1984, when it was acquired by the current owner, the pharmacist Maria Idília Gomes Alves de Oliveira. In 1991 and in 2005, the pharmacy was completely remodelled, adjusting itself to the demands of the XXI century
Products and Services
Pharmaceutical, drug handling, orthopaedic articles and perfumery.
Closed on Sunday.
Parish: União das freguesias de Cedofeita, Santo Ildefonso, Sé, Miragaia, São Nicolau e Vitória
Address: Praça Carlos Alberto 29/31 , 4050-157 Porto
Postal Code: 4050-157 Porto
Main activity: Health, wellness and beauty
Opening Year: 1780
Main Code of Economic Activity (CAE): 47730