In 1880, when the merchant José Pinto da Cunha opened a goldsmith’s shop on Rua do Loureiro in Oporto, there was still no S. Bento Station next to it, and in its place was the Monastery of Saint Benedict of Avé-Maria. Of the various designations that the goldsmithery stopped, which is repeatedly and solidly referred to by the almanacs of the time, is "Ourivesaria Cunha & Sobrinho: Jewelry and silver objects of art", occupying the numbers 46 to 52 of Rua do Loureiro. The building still exists today, retaining almost all the original interior, but the façade, authored by Francisco Oliveira Ferreira in mixed rococo and neoclassical style, there is almost nothing left. But, above all, the painted ceilings of Acácio Lino are preserved in an allegorical tone and to the liking of the elites of the time
Machado Jeweler is a family business that has passed from generation to generation, fostering the importance of values, tradition and origins that are not forgotten, always seeking to adapt to each of its times. The set of principles that guide the company result from the sum of the lessons and experiences accumulated over 137 years and that have earned a relationship with all clients of great respect, truth, trust and friendship, which lasts from generation to generation.
Products and Services
Jewelry & Watches
Closed on sundays.
Parish: União das freguesias de Cedofeita, Santo Ildefonso, Sé, Miragaia, São Nicolau e Vitória
Address: Rua de 31 de Janeiro 198/202 , 4000-542 Porto
Postal Code: 4000-542 Porto
Main activity: Jewelry shops
Opening Year: 1914
Main Code of Economic Activity (CAE): 47770