Marcolino Relojoeiro

  • Marcolino Relojoeiro - Câmara Municipal do Porto

  • Marcolino Relojoeiro - Câmara Municipal do Porto

  • Marcolino Relojoeiro - Câmara Municipal do Porto

  • Marcolino Relojoeiro - Câmara Municipal do Porto

The Shop

This establishment was always an exemplary one in the sale of time pieces from prestigious brands. In the heyday of the watch brand “Swatch”, the Marcolino was the only store in Porto which sold these most rare models pertaining to the brand, which gained the store a lot of recognition amongst collectors. The level of technical assistance continues to be one of its strong points. Likewise, one can also find a fine collection of apparatus for repairing of watches that have been used for decades.

Shop History

In 1926, António Marcolino opened up his first watch store, on Rua de Santo Ildefonso, giving it the name which has stood the test of time. In 1937 the establishment moved to number 130 on Rua de Passos Manuel in the heart of Oporto, where it has remained until this day. As is still the case today, the establishment placed a cock on the façade of the building which keeps the exact time, thus acting as a reference point for all those passing through this lively street. In 1962, the Relojoaria Marcolino passed over to a new proprietor, Adriano Magalhães, who, in the meantime preserved the specialization of the firm in quality watchmaking. In 1970, jeweller José Moura acquired the business and carried out the first large scale aesthetic and functional renovation of the building. Another change of ownership came in 1980 with the business passing over to the Neves family. This time, the business expanded its range of products, creating a grand collection of watches from elite brands such as Vacheron Constantin, IWC, Omega, Piaget, Cartier, Breitling amongst other. The service of technical assistance in this period was further reinforced by becoming an experienced master watchmakers, constantly growing to meet the demands of an evergrowing market.

Products and Services

Watch making, technical assistance and consultation.

Business Hours

segunda-feira 10:00 19:00
terça-feira 10:00 19:00
quarta-feira 10:00 19:00
quinta-feira 10:00 19:00
sexta-feira 10:00 19:00
sábado 10:00 13:00
Additional information:

Closed on Sunday.


Parish: União das freguesias de Cedofeita, Santo Ildefonso, Sé, Miragaia, São Nicolau e Vitória
Address: Rua de Passos Manuel 140 , 4000-382 Porto
Postal Code: 4000-382 Porto

General Data

Main activity: Jewelry shops
Opening Year: 1937
Main Code of Economic Activity (CAE): 47770