Considered one of the eldest jewelleries in Porto, the Ourivesaria Coutinho was born in 1859. Here, in addition to gold and silver pieces, filigree is also sold, an ornamental work made of very fine wires and small metal balls, welded to make a drawing. One of the most characteristic and emblematic pieces of the house are the hearts of Viana.
Born in 1859, the Ourivesaria Coutinho is considered one of the most ancient jewelleries in the city. In other times, it was in Rua das Flores that the “richest shops of the borough” could be found and where the bourgeoisie was supplied with “small luxuries”. In this area, there were 37 goldsmiths. Silver and filigree (especially the hearts of Viana) are the most sought articles in Ourivesaria Coutinho. Currently, most of its clients are tourists, but there are still families that do their shopping here: they buy, for example, silverware to gradually complete their cutlery. This goldsmithery is one of the few that still remain on this street, which became a pedestrian area a few years ago and is, today, one of the main connections between the Ribeira and the train station Estação de São Bento.
Products and Services
Jewellery and Goldsmithery.
Closed on Sunday.
Parish: União das freguesias de Cedofeita, Santo Ildefonso, Sé, Miragaia, São Nicolau e Vitória
Address: Rua Flores 185 , 4050-266 Porto
Postal Code: 4050-266 Porto
Main activity: Jewelry shops
Opening Year: 1877
Main Code of Economic Activity (CAE): 47770